OUR EMR RATE
Our safety culture is engrained at all levels of our company.
Southern Site Contractors has Safety as our number one objective. In every step of every process on all our jobs, we encourage and execute safe work habits that eliminate or at least, greatly reduces the hazards of our processes. Our coordinated effort is to give our people a voice to communicate at any level. Safety is everyone’s responsibility.
Our Safety Approach
New Hire Training
Every new hire at SSC receives thorough safety training throughout the first day, week, and month of their employment.
- Southern Site Safety Training Video
- PPE (personal protective equipment)
- In-field Training (HCSS sign-off)
- 4 Hour Training
Ongoing Safety Training
We ensure our entire team at Southern Site receives actionable continuous education on how to improve their safety efforts.
- Jobsite Safety Training for Trenching
- Daily JSA Training & Awareness
- Weekly Toolbox Talk
- Near Miss & Observations Training
- Company Review & Safety Refresher Course
- Flagging Certification
- CPR and First Aid Training
Each of our PMs, Superintendents, and Foreman have iPads with HCSS Safety installed for in-field jobsite analysis.
- In-Field iPads
- Daily Jobsite Safety Analysis
- Live Reporting to Safety Manager
- Integrated with Continuous Safety Training
Our team fills out a Jobsite Safety Analysis daily to ensure everyone is capable of performing their roles safely and properly.
- Capable of identifying hazards
- Ensures working conditions are proper
- Authorized to take prompt correct measures
We proactively and continuously inspect our jobsites to ensure our team, our partners, and our community is safe.
- Daily Jobsite Inspections
- Safety Analysis & Discussions
- Hazard Reduction Reviews
- Near Miss and Observations Reviews
Weather Day Bonus Program
Our weather day program includes safety metrics that must be met in order to qualify for the earned days. Our program is set up for our employees to be rewarded for proper safety when the weather prevents our team from operating.
Meet Our Safety Director, Toby Ellis
In an industry that has so many moving parts, we strive to create good work habits that have safety built into our processes in order to make good everyday decisions. The greatest asset we have is our employees. We give our employees the proper training in the classroom as well as the field to give them the necessary tools to be safe and efficient in order to grow with the company. We want everyone here to view Southern Site as a career, not just a job.View Full Bio